Manhattan federal prosecutors have hit back after a lawyer for Ghislaine Maxwell complained about her “detrimental” conditions last month, saying in a letter filed Tuesday that the real problem seems to be her failure to clean her “very dirty” cell and flush her toilet. The letter came in response to a complaint sent to a federal judge in February by a lawyer for the British socialite.
The Duchess of Sussex has said she cannot be expected to remain silent about her experiences of palace life if the royal family is “perpetuating falsehoods” about her and Prince Harry. Dismissing the consequences of speaking out, Meghan said a lot had “been lost already”.
Schon bevor er seine Auswanderung offiziell erklärte, ist Juan Carlos Berichten zufolge ausgereist. Demnach soll er sich in der Dominikanischen Republik aufhalten.
Kanye West is pushing to get on the presidential ballot in several states, including crucial swing states Wisconsin and Ohio, The Intelligencer reported on Monday.
Cooper Hefner announced that he's launching an exploratory campaign to run as a Democrat for the California Senate in the state's 30th District, which includes Los Angeles County.
Nach Katalonien wollen auch die bei deutschen Touristen sehr beliebten Baleareninseln wegen Corona eine äußerst strenge Maskenpflicht einführen.
Fox News said Wednesday that Ed Henry, one of its top news anchors, had been fired after the network received a complaint last week of sexual harassment from years ago.
In a previously unannounced visit Thursday afternoon, first lady Melania Trump toured the United States National Archives, specifically to view the Emancipation Proclamation and the Charters of Freedom, which include the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Von Montag an können Urlauber aus Deutschland wieder zu beliebten Zielen in Europa aufbrechen. Die Reisewarnung des Auswärtigen Amtes als Folge der Corona-Pandemie wird voraussichtlich für 27 europäische Staaten aufgehoben, zugleich lassen die meisten Länder wieder Touristen einreisen.
Während der Tourismus auf Mallorca langsam hochgefahren wird, bleibt der Ballermann ganz offensichtlich auf der Strecke. Das ist auch der erklärte Wille der Politik.
I think COVID-19 escaped from Wuhan laboratory
Robert Redfield, the ex-director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has said for the first time that he believes the COVID-19 pandemic began in a lab in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Redfield made the extraordinary claim in an interview with CNN’s chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta. He provided no evidence for his belief, and stressed that it’s only an opinion—not a fact.
He doesn't remember driving the day of crash: sheriff
Tiger Woods told authorities that he did not remember driving the day he was seriously injured in a one-car wreck after an accident on a California road, according to an affidavit obtained by USA Today Sports. Woods was initially unconscious when he was found in his crashed vehicle, according to the affidavit, which was filed to obtain a search warrant for the “black box” in Woods’s car. "Driver said he did not know and did not even remember driving ... Driver was treated for his injuries at the hospital and was asked there again how the collision occurred. He repeated that he did not know and did not remember driving,” the affidavit read.
Bill Gates names the next two monster disasters
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates famously predicted an infectious virus was likely to kill millions of people across the globe five years before COVID-19 did just that. “If anything kills over 10 million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than a war,” Gates said during a 2015 Ted Talk. “We’ve actually invested very little in a system to stop an epidemic. We’re not ready for the next epidemic,” he warned.
Alonso kehrt zu Renault zurück
Der Spanier Fernando Alonso soll übereinstimmenden Medienberichten zufolge 2021 sein Formel-1-Comeback geben. Der zweimalige Weltmeister hat bereits einen Vertrag unterschrieben und soll in der nächsten Saison wieder für Renault fahren. Der 38-Jährige würde demnach das Cockpit von Daniel Ricciardo übernehmen, der zu McLaren wechselt. Alonso wurde mit Renault 2005 und 2006 Weltmeister. Sein letztes Formel-1-Rennen hatte der Asturier beim Saisonfinale 2018 in Abu Dhabi bestritten. Seitdem war er unter anderem in der Rallye Dakar aktiv.